Discuss flue bracket spacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derrybongo

Hi All

Does anyone know where i can find some info on the proper spacing/distance of flue brackets on a horizontal flue run.

Generally 1 bracket / extension and change of direction. Just use common sense.

From Worcs mi's

Support the flue at approximately one metre intervals and at a change of direction, use suitable
brackets and fittings (Flue bracket part numbers.: 100mm - 7 716 191 092, 125mm - 8 716 110 272).

From Vaillants

☞ Use one clip per extension to
support the air/flue duct.

Baxi

IMPORTANT: All flue systems must be securely
supported at least once every metre. Suitable pipe
supports are available as accessories.

cheers Tamz

done a landlords today and the flu went through the length of the Kitchen approx 12 feet and then out the wall with a join in the middle and no proper support looked to be a little sag there i tried to find some info in the MIs to no avail and had a look through my book when i come home but couldnt find anything. will take some brackets with me when i go back to do another job tomorrow. i asked who done the work but he couldnt seem to remember.

They never do remember! There must be a lot of faceless plumbers going around lol

Nah. Usually this guy or one of his mates lol

invisible man RGB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue bracket spacing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi. I believe this boiler can be changed to a system or combi. Does this mean the hot and cold tails have to be blanked off?? Also the horizontal...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
The flue for a glow worm micron 30ff is apparently obsolete but there must be other flues that would fit it surely, it's just a standard 100mm...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock