Discuss Flow and return - swapping connection... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Apologies if this seems like a silly question. Does it matter if you swap the return and flow connection? Will the heating work as it should?

It can also matter if it's a heat only boiler. Boiler/vent/feed/pump must be in correct order to stop sucking in. Some modern boilers with flow switch or return sensors won't fire if water is flowing the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow and return - swapping connection... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to install a new single vertical radiator and need to know if matters if the thermostatic valve is connected to the flow or return pipes.
Replies
Views
Please can anyone let me know if the NTC thermostats are on the correct way around?? I did have problems with the return pipe heating up before...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock