Discuss Fixing a tiny gas cooker leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swarvega

Hi
I have a tiny, internal / invisible leak in a gas cooker. Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to fix the <4mB over 2 min leak using that tyreweld cannister for tyre punctures. I would connect it to a bicycle inner tube valve where the tube had been cut in half with one end closed and the other connected to the cooker hose with a clamp. After releasing the compound to seal the leak I would remove the venturi and pass air through the system to release the tyreweld particles. Are there any small openings in the cooker's internal workings that might get blocked? Any suggestions to the possible effectiveness of this procedure?

Welcome to the forum swarvega, I think your idea is not the best IMO

welcome to the house of fun swarvega , are you gas safe engineer ?

welcome to the house of fun swarvega , are you gas safe engineer ?
bod, do you really think anyone who wants to shove tyre weld into the internals of a gas cooker would be GSR.

Talk to a tyre fitter ,he will tell you all about the nasty mess this stuff makes .

N a s t y . . . :cry_smile:

swarvega welcome to the forums, as has already been said get a qualified gas safe engineer to look at this.

Are you some sort of nutcase ? you want to repair a cooker hose with Tyre Weld ! Why not just buy a new hose ??

I would recommend for you to turn of isolating valve for cooker if you have one, and call gas safe engineer to fix it

im saying nothing.......the smileys can say it for me....:willy_nilly::frown2::mad2::hand::rofl::32::13:

Must be.
I've seen and heard of some stupid things but this is a topper. Must be in the top 3 of stupid ideas. What kind of guys are we training in this industry to even contemplate such stupidity.

I had to edit out a lot of swearing in the above sentence :smile:

Must be.
I've seen and heard of some stupid things but this is a topper. Must be in the top 3 of stupid ideas. What kind of guys are we training in this industry to even contemplate such stupidity.

I had to edit out a lot of swearing in the above sentence :smile:

aye right Tam, lay aff the trainers haha, listen im no taking the blame for EVERY rocket who jumps aboot saying they are gas engineers some must be self taught idiots

You can lead a horse to water Kirk but it is hard to drown one :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing a tiny gas cooker leak. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back