Discuss Fixed price repairs a good idea or not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Thinking of doing fixed price repairs. Does anyone else do this or work for a company that does. What is the charge and how often do you get stung?

Thank you for the help.

Duncan

Only practical if you get the spares for next to nothing imho.

Moving to the sanctity of The Arms...

Might prove a pleasant distraction from the hot topic of the moment!

Recipe for disaster in IMHO, how often have you gone to a simple fix and it's escalated into a bigger/ longer job than you anticipated. If you set your cost your going to be out of pocket very soon .

All my repairs are a fixed price, I just fix it to match the cost of materials and time taken simples

ok. So it seems like a bad idea by most? I agree plenty jobs have turned out to be ALOT longer than thought. However, I have been to plenty that are a quick easy fix. Meaning I will loose money on some jobs on parts alone, break even on others and make good off some. Just trying to weigh up if it is more of the latter or the first. Do not mind turning money over on a few jobs keeps fuel, insurance etc covered.

What is a fair price for a what ever it takes to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixed price repairs a good idea or not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Hey, forum friends! đź‘‹ Excited to introduce Master Drain Ltd, your go-to expert for top-notch drain installation and repair services. Here's what...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
I have a Freeze Master EZEFREEZE electric pipe freezer that's stopped freezing. Sounds normal when on, but does nowt. I understand that Freeze...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock