Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss fitting new screen to partition wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

wall anchor.jpgbath screen.jpg

hi all i need to fit a bath screen to a partition wall that has been plastered and then tiled. was gonna use the fixings in the photo but the point they have wont bite into a tile like it would plasterboard. what fixings can you recommend. thanks

hi wigz i would still use those fittings, just bend the point up and set them with the setting tool
96740.jpg

Wall plugs flush with the tile (don't push them in) plenty of silicone on the back of the profile and screw into position.

i wouldn't recommend the use of the plasterboard fixings over tiles, they have a couple of little pins in them that should bed into the plasterboard that stops them moving about. You can see them in your first picture just under the screw and washer.
they also require a 10mm hole to be drilled, if it doesn't work you have a 10mm hole that you can't do anything with.

and they corrode. horses for courses, wall plugs with lugs every time with correct size drill to match

The bath screen is hinged and will be moved a lot will normal wall plugs be strong enough.

The bath screen is hinged and will be moved a lot will normal wall plugs be strong enough.

Tiles, plugs and silicone will hold. Tbh you could take the screws out once the silicone has set and it would never move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting new screen to partition wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock