Search the forum,

Discuss Finding a small leak on UFH in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all.

Got a leak on an underfloor heating system 2hich is dropping 2 bar of pressure in 2 1/2 weeks. Would one of those infrared flir phone attachment cameras work at all?

Thanks all

I could actually purchase one and if I don't like it send it back. But as the leak is so small I am not sure it would find it
Depends on quality of the camera and I can’t advise on that I’m afraid. But our dedicated unit at work is pretty accurate.

I’ve also in the past, pumped systems up with an air compressor and used a stethoscope.

Depends on quality of the camera and I can’t advise on that I’m afraid. But our dedicated unit at work is pretty accurate.

I’ve also in the past, pumped systems up with an air compressor and used a stethoscope.
Air compressor is interesting thought.

What unit do you use at work?

Thanks for replying.

Air compressor is interesting thought.

What unit do you use at work?

Thanks for replying.
If you’re gonna pump air, make sure boiler/sensitive equipment is isolated and get it up to 4-5 bar. You can hear the hissing with a stethoscope.

We’ve got an older Testo heat gun, I bet the newer ones are even better.

Is it all ufh ?

Reply to Finding a small leak on UFH in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock