Search the forum,

Discuss FGA on Worcester 24i RSF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lewisgas

Hi all, i'm a newly qualified gas engineer and i've been asked to carry out a service on a WB 24i RSF. I was called out to the same customer when they had a problem firing their boiler up, which was just a simple pressure issue.
Now, the boiler is on the second floor and as yet I have no roof rack on my newly purchased (used, of course) van so I cant use the termination point of the flue to perform my FGA as I have no way of getting ladders to the property.
I know there is a sampling point on top of the boiler, but in the MI it says to attach a peace of hose to this point. This is where I get confused, can I not just stick my probe into this sampling point? If not, will I not ruin my BRAND NEW analyser if I just use, say, manometer tubing to hook up to the analyser and sampling point? The moisture protection filter will obviously not be used if I do this and I'm scared of ruining a bit of kit i've just forked out nearly £800 for (Anton sprint evo 2 kit 3)
I understand GSR registered engineers may not want to advise me on this until I can prove i'm also GSR so I can private message anyone my Registration number so you can confirm I am registered.
I'm just wondering if anyone has performed a FGA on one of these boilers in recent times and how you would go about getting a reading from the sampling point.
If not i'll just have to keep putting the job off until I have the roof rack, but right now i'm in no position to risk losing the job.
Thanks for taking the time to read and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of its the one with the grey panel at the bottom, a service is not just to take an analyser reading.
It is to remove the burner and give it a good clean, once you've serviced it properly all should be ok.

Rubber hose over the end of the anaylser probe and over the test point?

Thanks for the 'hose over probe' tip. And yes anz it was the one with the grey panel, I followed mi service procedure and removed and cleaned burner, fan etc. of course that would have been useless without a fga. They actually ask for one pre service and one post service, both results were a pass. And yes also gas rated, burner pressure, working pressure etc. thanks to all for the advice though I think this forum is excellent for advice

Good, now get your post count up so we can answer future questions off open forum please.

Good, now get your post count up so we can answer future questions off open forum please.
Will do! (one more chalked up) :) would I be better off private messaging a moderator any questions like that until then? Feel free to move this thread into the private forum now if you like?

Poke your head around the forum, answer a few posts,

Go into the new members bit, introduce yourself and so on, won't take long to get 10 up.

The send a PM to gas man or REDSAW with your GSR details. You'll be asked a couple of questions just to check you are in the trade and once you've done them then you too will be a man my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FGA on Worcester 24i RSF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock