Discuss fault finding books for oil fired boiler servicing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vikingmark

i'm 36 ,a plumber since 17,did 5 day oftec boiler servicing course about 5 years ago,wasn't impressed,what i'm looking for is a professional fault finding manual,specifically for servicing and fixing,i know the basics and have installed new boilers frequently,infact alot of guys out there aren't even plumbers and their bringing more coin in than me

To be honest, you can get as much info from technical books that come from new oil boilers, burners,analysers & other things linked to oil, to cover the basics. And they are free! Most of the rest is experience, or gaining from other guys what they know. Save your money & read everything you can, learn from Internet, like this forum & consider helping an engineer who works regularly at oil burners. Oftec books are more about regulations, so not much good for hands on.

If I was you I would book myself on some manufacturers courses they are usually free, When I started I did a course with riello, ecoflam, grant,worcester and firebird. You will pick up loads of good information. Grants course is excellent and apart fromthe burner course it is free.

I did a course at Worcester (but I'm sure there are others). I was on my own and my tutor asked if I knew how to fault find with a multimeter. Spent the next 5 hours or so learning this as he said that just about all faults can be found by using a multimeter. (Cost £50 for the day.)

funny ,was looking at multimeter videos on net today,will touch base with worcester.cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fault finding books for oil fired boiler servicing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock