Discuss Facebook? Is it worth it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

I only joined Facebook recently but have also read that many companies are creating accounts.

I'm not sure, being in a rural area populated with many retired people, that it will be a great money spinner for me - I rely on my website and recommendation.

Is Facebook worth doing and has anyone made a Facebook page?

if something happens in the locality/world my wifes normally read it on facebook first LOL

That's what I was hoping for too!!

I read somewhere that you just set up a separate page but I'm not sure. Not sure if it's worth the effort either but a local hotel has a really good Facebook page and it made me think that I could put up various scribblings (including perhaps the slow payers?)

I have an actual business facebook page, made it the other day, Untold Developments Ltd - Computers/Technology - Eccleshall, United Kingdom | Facebook

I'll be using it to collect feedback and to get news out to my customers, and some potential customers who follow me.

I wouldn't say paying for the facebook adverts are worth it. And I would say Google+'s new social network will be far more geared up to support businesses, and it wont have the silly games on there. It's almost the perfect facebook. It'll just take time to get the heads on there that facebook has.

Facebook, possibly worth it for now if you can get people to 'like' your page, or at least view it.

Its free, yes, but be prepared to be bombarded with dross, people trying to sell stuff etc. Its handy in that you can put up pictures of jobs etc and some info, a bit like a website. Customers can find you on Facebook after seeing your ad elsewhere, but its unlikely Facebook users will find your page through Facebook.

Also remeber that the Facebook novelty has worn off, except for teenagers who are unikely to become customers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Facebook? Is it worth it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock