Discuss External pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Fitted an external expansion vessel to closed system central heating system due to failure of internal boiler vessel. Fitted on return below wall mounted boiler. Vessel pre-charge pressure checked prior to fitting, confirmed at 1.3 bar. System purged of air and pressurised at cold to 1 bar. Pressure appears to be unstable and creeps up above 1.5 bar at working temperature. Any ideas?

That’s normal upto 2 bar standard from a cold pressure around 1.2 bar

That’s normal upto 2 bar standard from a cold pressure around 1.2 bar
Okay, thanks for that. I assumed that the expansion vessel pre-charge air pressure would determine the water pressure. But thinking about it I guess that the diaphram, moving against the air will compress the air and thus increase its pressure allowing the water pressure to rise to meet that increased air pressure?
Hmmmm...physics!

Exactly when the water is heated it expands creating more pressure

Reply to External pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock