Search the forum,

Discuss expansion valve discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westyvip

I have fitted an unvented solar cylinder and the posistion of the cold supply pipework is low level...ideal to connect straight into cylinder inlet. however this would obviously mean that i will not be able to tee the expansion discharge into the D1 above the tundish. Is it possible to fit a seperate discharge pipe for the expansion valve or could i tee into the d2 below tundish? if installing a seperate discharge...do the d1 and d2 regs apply? eg. would i still need tunidish withing 600mm and 300mm of straight pipe below? i know i could just take the cold up, then back down but i need as much wall space as pos for expansion vessels and solar pump station!

you can in effect do anything you want, as we all see from others work every day, but to do it properly the connection should be above the tundish so that it is visible and in the event of the d2 being blocked the water will escape out of the tundish (flooding the floor) but wont build up pressure in the system, if you fit a seperate discharge then it needs to fully comply with d1/d2

yep, as i thought, guess it wont hurt to bring the cold up and give myself a bit more room to work with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to expansion valve discharge in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock