Search the forum,

Discuss Engineered wood on top of underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgencer

We are putting 14mm enginereed wood flooring on top of a polyplumb overlay lite heating system. (Free Your Walls >> Overlay Lite)

The overlay lite is made of what looks like styrofoam covered with aluminium foil. Is there any need to put additional underlay below the floors? Also would it better to glue the floors down or just let them sit on top of the overlay panels? Thanks.

Shouldn't need any insulation below as the overlay light panels should be glued together ( the overlay system ones are, not sure about the light) so heat loss through the panel itself should be minimal. As for the flooring you'll have to speak to the manufacturer, I wouldn't want to put any old glue or solvent on the panels or pipe just in case it damaged them in some way.

The floor manufactorer says talk to polyplumb and polyplumb says talk to the floor manufacturer! Any ideas?

I'd be focusing on poly plumb, ask them what details they need from the floor manufacturer and then call them and get the info. A bit around the houses but you'll have to work with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Engineered wood on top of underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock