Discuss end radiator not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, the last radiator in the line has stopped heating up! All the others are nice and hot and the pipe is hot up to the inlet but the rad is cold.. any ideas please? I have a Worcester Greenstar 25Si/30Si combi.

5903F319-3852-4C1A-B3BB-2D27C8D4D94B.jpeg
Had one today on a boiler change. Customer said conservatory rad had stopped working a couple of years ago.
Powerflush wouldn’t clear it. Compressor connected to rad stalk wouldn’t and mains pressure wouldn’t.
Took laminate up and trap to find non barrier hep blocked solid.
Cut out and replaced with copper.

View attachment 35777 Had one today on a boiler change. Customer said conservatory rad had stopped working a couple of years ago.
Powerflush wouldn’t clear it. Compressor connected to rad stalk wouldn’t and mains pressure wouldn’t.

Glad you have just confirmed what I thought.
I came across identical problem on a job earlier this year and the entire 15mm Hep pipe to one end of rad was blocked just like in your photo. (I know this for sure as I discovered later every foot of pipe I cut up had a solid coal like blockage).
It was also non barrier installed I believe by builders ‘plumbers’.

View attachment 35777 Had one today on a boiler change. Customer said conservatory rad had stopped working a couple of years ago.

Did a bathroom earlier this year. Radiator moved about 15 years. Non barrier hep. Rad not worked for two years. Once under the floor and cut out the hep it was blocked solid for whole length of pipe.
Changed a dining room radiator last year. Filled it back up, wouldn't work. Cust then tells me that's why they wanted new one as old one wouldn't work. Under floor again and rad been moved years earlier with non barrier hep. Choked solid.

Reply to end radiator not heating up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock