Search the forum,

Discuss Electric shower problem in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have fitted an electric shower, teed off the toilet cold feed (Mains)

The pressure for the shower is very very poor just dribbling out.

Pressure is fine
Lpm is fine

Fitted loads like this before and never had a problem

Any suggestions ?

It sounds like your shower might not be getting enough water due to the way it's connected. When teeing off a toilet's cold feed, you might not get enough flow for a good shower. First, check if there's any blockage in the pipes or shower head that's reducing flow. Also, ensure the pipe size to the shower is adequate; a too-small pipe can restrict water flow. If possible, consider running a dedicated line from the mains to the shower. This could improve pressure and flow significantly.

It sounds like your shower might not be getting enough water due to the way it's connected. When teeing off a toilet's cold feed, you might not get enough flow for a good shower. First, check if there's any blockage in the pipes or shower head that's reducing flow. Also, ensure the pipe size to the shower is adequate; a too-small pipe can restrict water flow. If possible, consider running a dedicated line from the mains to the shower. This could improve pressure and flow significantly.
Okay thanks, own mains feed how do you mean?
I was going to tee off the feed to the cws tank but that would be the same outcome wouldn't it, as its a shared feed with cws tank.

Okay thanks, own mains feed how do you mean?
I was going to tee off the feed to the cws tank but that would be the same outcome wouldn't it, as its a shared feed with cws tank.
What size piping and length is the feed to the CWS?, what is the make/model of the shower.?

Other than that try the usual, remove the shower head and see how the shower runs.
Remove the hose altogether and see how it runs.
Check the inlet filter.
Check any valves are fully open.

Other than that try the usual, remove the shower head and see how the shower runs.
Remove the hose altogether and see how it runs.
Check the inlet filter.
Check any valves are fully open.
Yes toilet shuts off when the mains stop tap is turned off.

I will check all these thank Ben.
It's decent when the showers set to cold, but when you turn to hot it's just so slow.

Maybe a blockage or the shower is faulty - not having all elements working (which would mean very poor flow when achieving suitable hot enough temperature.
Check you have cover on correctly with temperature & flow spindles and knobs in proper position - ie, fully on for hottest temperature etc. But I am only thinking of my first checks I would do

You can do a few fairly simple tests.
To test the max flow rate, turn the temperature contol to fully cold, with the shower head in place run the water into a bucket for exactly 15 secs, measure this with a 1 litre container, X 4, this gives the flowrate in LPM, it should be ~ 10LPM but anything > than 7.0LPM will be OK to avoid a showering temperature > than 40C even with a summer 17C mains temperature at full 10.8kw power.

With power selected to max, position the temperature contol to give you your normal showering temperature (measure it if you can) of say 40C, the (my) mains temperature is 10.8C so 10.8kw should give 40C at a flowrate of 5.3LPM, if, for some reason or other the flowrate is only 2.65LPM then the shower is only running on one element at 5.4kw so do the same test as above but for more accuracy do it over 30sec, then X 2, to give the flowrate in LPM.

Reply to Electric shower problem in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock