Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss DT10RF Digistat wireless design issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex100

Hi all

My 2 months old wireless DT10RF Digistat thermostat (running with a 2 month old Greenstar 38CDi combi) sometimes doesn't turn on the boiler when it's calling for heat (flame signal on). Batteries are fine, so I will run through checking signal strength and see if it will have to live nearer the boiler.

My question - or observation - is this morning I noticed that the heating came on fine but then it didn't turn off when the thermostat was timed to do so (flame was off on the thermostat but the boiler was merrily running the heating, oblivious to what the thermostat thought should be happening). So, it must have lost the radio link when someone closed a few doors between the thermostat and the boiler. I would have imagined the units were designed so the boiler defaulted to off when the radio link was lost, but apparently not. Seems like a design fault, not to auto off? Or is it a faulty unit to allow that when link is lost?

Thanks
Alex

Where is the boiler located in the house?

Upstairs back study. Stat is downstairs in dining room, one room forward of study upstairs. There is one thick solid wall between them (18 inch) albeit with a door upstairs and down through that wall, and the ceiling of course. Distance is not far, about 8-10m.

Upstairs back study. Stat is downstairs in dining room, one room forward of study upstairs. There is one thick solid wall between them (18 inch) albeit with a door upstairs and down through that wall, and the ceiling of course. Distance is not far, about 8-10m.
I thought it could have been the frost protection kicking in, but that's unlikely with the boiler inside the house.

18 inch walls (old house?) will attenuate the signal a lot. Have you checked the strength of the signal? Details are in the installation section of the manual.

Have you tried moving the stat to a different part of the room, or even to a different room?

signal strength is indicated buy number of bars if memory serves? you would think if the boiler lost the signal or thought a problem exists it would alter to hypothermia temp (approx 16 degress) until it was addressed.

I had a simular problem with the same stat last week but boiler would some times not come on signal strenth when installed 4 bars.timer showing off and can not be changed due to not receiveing signal from thermostat so installed new dt10rf set up all worked fine when there customer rings next day same thing ring worcester and the say that there is some wireless device in the home stopping the signal and advize to hard wire it firt time i have had rf not work.

I had a simular problem with the same stat last week but boiler would some times not come on signal strenth when installed 4 bars.timer showing off and can not be changed due to not receiveing signal from thermostat so installed new dt10rf set up all worked fine when there customer rings next day same thing ring worcester and the say that there is some wireless device in the home stopping the signal and advize to hard wire it firt time i have had rf not work.

Thanks lee. Yeah, it must be intermittent wireless interference. They are supposed to work on a dedicated channel but it's seems not. The signal is really strong everywhere in the house (4 bars), and even if I walk it out the front door and up the street a bit. Wireless: they call it progress - I call it hassle.

Think I'll suffer it until the inconvenience is worth the likely £200 quid for a wired one.

Yeah, signal strength is full 4 bars throughout the house. When the problem comes, the Antenna on boiler flashes, showing the link has been lost - I reestablish it by walking Digistat close to boiler and then it works anywhere in house again.

I googled this issue and found it's pervasive - lots of people revert to wired connections. I'm guessing some form of wireless interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DT10RF Digistat wireless design issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock