Search the forum,

Discuss Drayton LP522 Controller & Mid Position Valve issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PurpleTurtle

Hi,

I have a Drayton LP522 controller that is giving me some issues. The system is set to timed to come on in morning and evening for HW and CH, and although the controller seems to be working (in as much as it has power, keeps time and accepts and maintains the program) it is not triggering the boiler to come on, but if I scroll through the 'SELECT' menu once (from TWICE, ONCE, ON, OFF and back to TWICE again) it will trigger the Drayton Mid Position valve to get things working. In other words, it negates the use of having a controller, because I'm having to manually trigger it.

The Valve is (as far as I can tell) physically working and the boiler comes into action when the above steps are followed, so am I right to rule out the valve being stuck, or the synchronous motor being the cause. Could it be the microswitch? If so, what's the solution, a new actuator? System is approx 10 years old.

Any help gratefully welcomed.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like your LP522 isnt switching. If it comes on when you select it manually then there's nowt wrong with your motorised valve. New programmer.

:welcome: to the forum purpleTurtle :)

How good are you with a multi meter? There's some checks you'd need to do when it next 'sticks' to fathom out where the issue lies IMO! My initial instinct would be leaning towards the programmer or boiler! They're the two common's required for h/w and c/h with a 'y'plan design :)

Thanks for the quick replies. "Programmer not switching" is a more succint description of what I was trying to say! Both HW and CH definitely work when I initiate the 'ON' manually, in plain speak, the timer isn't triggering.

I've got a multimeter but must be honest and say I'm never sure which setting to have the blasted thing set to .. probably stretching my knowledge of electrics a little, but I can follow instructions fairly well if it's easy to test the programmer?

Thing is you can't really test the flippin things coz they disconnect when you remove them! Best place for a novice would be the room thermostat (if it's hard wired) ... Should have 230V supply when the programmer calls for heating. Otherwise it should be relatively dead! :) If the lights on at the programmer but you're getting ziltch at the stat I'd be changing the programmer :D

I keep meaning to make up a test rig for programmers as they all prety much are wired the same, just never seem to get a round to it.

Sounds like your LP522 isnt switching. If it comes on when you select it manually then there's nowt wrong with your motorised valve. New programmer.

New programmer sorted the problem, 56 quid incl VAT and saved me taking a day off work and losing pay as I'm self-employed.

Took me longer to program the thing than it than it did to whip the old one off the backplate and fit the new one on! Thanks again :rockon2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drayton LP522 Controller & Mid Position Valve issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock