Search the forum,

Discuss Domestric RHI - The opportunity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worcester

Esteemed
Plumber
Picking up from my post in the Renewables Sector, the Domestic RHI is about to get a major restructruing (24th March 2016) that opens up an opportunity - free ASHP's

So what are people's thoughts?

Looking at the ASHP for free model, there's £9331 to be had over 7 years, discount cost of finance, take out profit, and ...
What can you do for what's left?
emitter upgrades? probably not
powerflush,
new controls (or better still them that come with the heat pump :) )
a high temp heat pump that just squeezes in at a CoP of 2.5..
Oh shoot, what about the DHW?
As these will be replacing combi's ? or ignore that bit? ...
or an direct electric vented DHW cylinder (salesman talk super efficient these new ones...)...
is there enough cash left to supply and plumb in an unvented heat pump dhw cylinder..

What do others reckon the scope that can be done and still make money at it .....

Wide berth for me, not interested in the numbers game. I'd rather carry on fitting gas than slapping in heat pumps which don't met their expectations.

Wide berth for me, not interested in the numbers game. I'd rather carry on fitting gas than slapping in heat pumps which don't met their expectations.

I agree, we wouldn't do that, there is however an opportunity to do something and do it right.

Whilst some companies will clean up and cause chaos - I can even see the Mark Group resurrecting again, they will also raise awareness and hence the discerning will come our way, though could well be cash strapped.

As I read the consultation, the RHI is capped as opposed to fixed. So only homes with a heat demand of 20,000kwh or above will be eligible for the full amount which is quite high for an average home.

More likely to be around the 15,000kwh mark.

If you start from the bottom and work your way up. How much will you want to earn from a job with a 7 year payment? £3k-£4K?

Doesn't leave much for everything else.

We need to be moving away from high temp heating across the entire industry and especially heat pumps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestric RHI - The opportunity? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
I'm planning to get an air source heat pump (ASHP) installed and I'm considering my options about the location of the water cylinder as I live in a small house and space is a premium. I was thinking about building a small insulated shed about 20 to 25 metres away from the house to put the...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to kettle as well, and it will probably just be downhill from here. Background: 1905 built (renovated in 2010) Edwardian terraced. The house is 2 floors...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have an Isoflo CL170 cylinder with good few years life left in it in my system which has performed trouble-free other than the odd new immersion element. I'm getting a new ASHP fitted and the installer is recommending scrapping the Isoflo and replacing it with a Secon Trade Heatpump...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short cycles but only when hot water is used. When hot water is turned on (on any tap in the property) the boiler remains off for about 45 sec. At the...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock