Search the forum,

Discuss Does a Glow worm 18sxi need a constant live in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a glow worm 18sxi, in having a few problems and my insurance are saying its because it doesnt have a constant live so they wont cover the problem as it was installed this way 13 years ago. So does it have to have a constant live?

I have a glow worm 18sxi, in having a few problems and my insurance are saying its because it doesnt have a constant live so they wont cover the problem as it was installed this way 13 years ago. So does it have to have a constant live?

The installation instructions for the 18sxi clearly state that the mains must be maintained
uninterrupted at all times.

From the installation manual:

"The mains electrical supply must be maintained at all times in
order to provide domestic hot water.
Do not interrupt the mains supply with a time switch or
programme"

Hope this help you.

The installation instructions for the 18sxi clearly state that the mains must be maintained
uninterrupted at all times.

From the installation manual:

"The mains electrical supply must be maintained at all times in
order to provide domestic hot water.
Do not interrupt the mains supply with a time switch or
programme"

Hope this help you.
I'm not sure this helps me, my boiler isnt live unless it has a demand to heat the hot water for the tank or heating.

Reply to Does a Glow worm 18sxi need a constant live in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
I have an old Glow Worm Fuelsaver 40B Mk 2 installed on the kitchen wall. In November, the heat exchanger began making a kettling noise. It’s...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock