Discuss Digital Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most old thermostats were 'in' on 1 and 'out' on 3 so i would say Grey should be SL, when you tested it did you have timer calling for heat?

It should be mentioned that if you get it wrong you could cause ££££££ of damage to your boiler/system controls....grey pink blue or fluffy dice...you should check the source of each cable...I could probably tell you from what you described which is which but in the same breath have come acoss many installations were it has been done by a colour blind dyslexic while viewing stat through a mirror ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Most old thermostats were 'in' on 1 and 'out' on 3 so i would say Grey should be SL, when you tested it did you have timer calling for heat?
I tried Grey and black seperate but nothing happened. I am thinking of changing to a simpler digital because this Salus RT500 is a bit complicated for us. Will try wireing again

The rt500 is a programmable room stat, What type of boiler/system do you have.

You will more than likely need to place the receiver near the wiring centre and re-wire the system somewhat.

You may need just a basic room stat with batteries for the display and 2 wires to control the heating

Honeywell DT90E Digital Room Thermostat + ECO | Thermostats | NoLinkingToThis

like this

Thank you yes that looks like the one. Picture of what I have at present Sunvic Sunvic.jpg Which wire goes from Sunvic to the digital

Honeywell thr840duk+eco digital room thermostat Fitted this one okay and working only problem is the clicking noise. Alright through the day but at night it is loud. We are both light sleepers. Can anything be done about this

unless you have the heating through the night it shouldn't active the relay etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Digital Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

After 4 replacement C35's, uponor in 2015 sent a red dot version, in 2023 it also died. No power to the unit. Is it time I should replace it with...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock