Discuss difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smitty1892

What's the difference between soundness test and tightness test? Could be a silly question .

Reading an lpg book here and it's saying different procedures for soundness and tightness test .

your checking the system is leak free, call it what you like.

From what can make out tightness test is pipework and soundness is the whole installation .

All time testing gas lines I include everything upto point of gas valves in appliances

I've always thought the soundness you test by listening , and the tightness by squeezing, that's wot my old gaffer said when he sent me for a foo foo valve,

Think book is a recent update , haha I'll must say that to gas safe inspector , scissors be waiting for the card .

Just kidding mate, you should pm gasman your gsr details for access to private gas forum as that's the place for all gas related queries,

What the difference is £££££ the cost of re training every few years to learn they have changed the terminology again to justify there jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I'm hoping you can tell me the main differences between: Mira Digital Activate Shower & Mira Digital Platinum Shower and also the main...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
How do I decipher Wilo pump numbers? As an example what is the difference between a WILO ST 20/6-3 P and a WILO ST 20/7-3 C or a WILO ST 25/7-3 P...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
A Google search suggests that the VRT 380f/2 variant is sold and used mainly in Scandinavian countries, but is there a functional difference which...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock