Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dead leg in bathroom in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a first floor flat that I am doing a refit in . The current wc is plumbed using 10mm jg. The bath is being replaced with an electric shower . There were originally 2 drain offs on vertical’s for the bath and one drain off on the 10mm vertical for the wc. All other pipe work is 15mm speedfit. If I were to do away with the 10mm wc connection, I would be left with a dead leg in excess of 2m. I cannot start pulling the original ceiling down . Can I combine the old 10mm and new 15mm feeds to both shower and toilet with a single drain off to avoid this dead leg ?

cheers
paul

Can you draw it out eg picture ?

Can you draw it out eg picture ?
Bit old school, no smart phone etc . No pics . It was a standard 1700 bath with the wc at the head end . It’s being replaced with a 1700 tray on a raised plinth. The 10mm comes down the metsec wall about 300mm from head of the bath, the 15mm hot feed at the tap end of the bath has been blanked . My proposal was to extend the 15mm cold from the tap end to the wc, combining it with the existing 10mm feed to the wc to prevent the dead leg, with a single drain, discretely hidden at the end of the shower plinth. This indicates a maximum dead leg length of 150mm. Got to cook dinner but wll investigate drawing a diagram after said .

What system do you have eg combi boiler cylinder etc ?

Perhaps this helps, sorry for the drawing. Top is existing bottom is proposed . Joining existing 10mm to wc with a tee to new 15mm from shower Hence a single drain off .

Attachments

• 5B02D7BA-D9E8-43D6-8EAF-9B2D92BA5D72.png
    5B02D7BA-D9E8-43D6-8EAF-9B2D92BA5D72.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 6
Yes you could do that but it all depends where the existing bath is fed off if it’s off the unvented cold this will be at a lower pressure maybe than the toilet supply tbh it’s a short run I would cap it off as close back as you could possible

Reply to Dead leg in bathroom in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock