Search the forum,

Discuss Daryl or Kohler temperature spline 204292 in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to find a plastic temperature spline Daryl or Kohler 204292 or equivalent. It seems that part is discontinued but I'm loathe to replace a whole good quality shower because of a small broken plastic connector. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 16537473207275786110513868329917.jpg
    16537473207275786110513868329917.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 25
Do you have any more pictures to see the spline?

I just replaced my concealed shower unit for similar reasons due to discontinued parts.
Here is a pic. My one disintegrated. Seems a shame to replace whole shower due to 1 small plastic device

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220530-124625.png
    Screenshot_20220530-124625.png
    482.6 KB · Views: 23
Hi

Now I see the spare part thankyou.

I think you have 3 options, buy a spare part from somewhere, you could call them and ask them why they cannot supply, maybe it out of stock for a short time or maybe they are no longer able to supply, if thats not possible you are a bit stuck, for the intervening time you could use a spline tool to turn it on and off for showers. The only other option is to buy a and fit a new unit.

Hi

Now I see the spare part thankyou.

I think you have 3 options, buy a spare part from somewhere, you could call them and ask them why they cannot supply, maybe it out of stock for a short time or maybe they are no longer able to supply, if thats not possible you are a bit stuck, for the intervening time you could use a spline tool to turn it on and off for showers. The only other option is to buy a and fit a new unit.

Thanks for all tips and advice.... particularly how to remove and open the shower. In the end I went for option 4: repair the broken plastic widget with a small screw, a washer and unibond repair putty. I also replaced a few of the John guest pushfit parts which were slowly leaking with new ones easily available from hardware shops. So far it is working well. I think you could also refashion the diverter or flow plastic spine to turn the temp valve with a perpendicular metal bar as it has a slot for that. A 9mm fluted dowel pin with perpendicular metal bar might also have worked and was my plan c if repair putty hadn't worked. In future if anyone sees this thread and is disposing of their shower I'd be happy to buy some parts ....or give repair advice now that I have fixed my own.

Thanks for all tips and advice.... particularly how to remove and open the shower. In the end I went for option 4: repair the broken plastic widget with a small screw, a washer and unibond repair putty. I also replaced a few of the John guest pushfit parts which were slowly leaking with new ones easily available from hardware shops. So far it is working well. I think you could also refashion the diverter or flow plastic spine to turn the temp valve with a perpendicular metal bar as it has a slot for that. A 9mm fluted dowel pin with perpendicular metal bar might also have worked and was my plan c if repair putty hadn't worked. In future if anyone sees this thread and is disposing of their shower I'd be happy to buy some parts ....or give repair advice now that I have fixed my own.
Hi
I've the same problem. Any top tips for the repair - you mention using a small screw? Plus the black John Guest item that fits into the diverter valve has snapped off. Do you know if they are a push fit or a screw fit into the housing? Finally what diameter are the pipes; the white ones are 10mm but the black ones aren't labelled. Any help really welcome...

Hi
I've the same problem. Any top tips for the repair - you mention using a small screw? Plus the black John Guest item that fits into the diverter valve has snapped off. Do you know if they are a push fit or a screw fit into the housing? Finally what diameter are the pipes; the white ones are 10mm but the black ones aren't labelled. Any help really welcome...

There are a mix of 10mm and 12mm pipes. Mine are all black. There are 2 screw in BSP 1/2 inch male to 10mm plastic inserts at cold and hot water intake. I think at the diverter all is push in. I had a problem with the diverter and my solution was to set it permanently to the shower head and removed the widget from inside the handle that turns to operate the diverter. I used a small screw down the middle of the thin long part of the widget for strength in repairing the cracked plastic with a washer for same reason. Tbh perhaps it was overkill and you might only need unibond repair putty. Which widget broke for you? Temp or flow? Both mine broke. I was able to buy one on line(I think the flow is available) I also think that you could refashion the diverter widget to work for the temperature. A 9mm wooden dowel pin and a small metal bar at 90degrees for the slot might work too....it just has to turn a valve around...

There are a mix of 10mm and 12mm pipes. Mine are all black. There are 2 screw in BSP 1/2 inch male to 10mm plastic inserts at cold and hot water intake. I think at the diverter all is push in. I had a problem with the diverter and my solution was to set it permanently to the shower head and removed the widget from inside the handle that turns to operate the diverter. I used a small screw down the middle of the thin long part of the widget for strength in repairing the cracked plastic with a washer for same reason. Tbh perhaps it was overkill and you might only need unibond repair putty. Which widget broke for you? Temp or flow? Both mine broke. I was able to buy one on line(I think the flow is available) I also think that you could refashion the diverter widget to work for the temperature. A 9mm wooden dowel pin and a small metal bar at 90degrees for the slot might work too....it just has to turn a valve around...
Some of the 12mm JG fittings and the screw in BSP connectors are available from electronic bay as motorhome or caravan plumbing fixtures.

Thanks Neil. For me it is the temperature spline. I've ordered the flow one and hoping to use it as the basis of a repair. I'm intrigued as to repurposing the diverter spline. I'll have a look.

Thanks Neil. For me it is the temperature spline. I've ordered the flow one and hoping to use it as the basis of a repair. I'm intrigued as to repurposing the diverter spline. I'll have a look.

For temp spline the thin narrow spline had snapped off from the larger diameter section. If that is the same case for you...a small screw with the head of the screw being held by a washer in the inside of the larger diameter section and the screw itself screwing inside the narrow section might hold them together....held in place with a small amount of epoxy putty...

I managed to get the parts (splines and new units for diverter, flow control and mixer) from someone who contacted me after seeing my post on this forum. Great - so the shower was put back in place this afternoon - a bit like Trigger's broom, with almost all new parts.

I managed to get the parts (splines and new units for diverter, flow control and mixer) from someone who contacted me after seeing my post on this forum. Great - so the shower was put back in place this afternoon - a bit like Trigger's broom, with almost all new parts.
Graham I was about to post that we had the temp spline 3D printed. Whilst it was close, it didn't quite fit to about to tweak the drawing and redo in resin. But if you have a contact who can supply the splines I'd gladly purchase from them.

Graham I was about to post that we had the temp spline 3D printed. Whilst it was close, it didn't quite fit to about to tweak the drawing and redo in resin. But if you have a contact who can supply the splines I'd gladly purchase from them.
I'm just waiting for the best contact details - he's on this forum as 'Shower Engineer' Dave. Really helpful guy. I'll be back as soon as I've heard. He did contract for Daryl as engineer and bought stock when they were taken over.

Reply to Daryl or Kohler temperature spline 204292 in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock