Discuss Customers who hover over you all day trying to help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Had to leave early tonight I couldn't stand it........doing a kitchen and all I want is a bit of space/piece and quiet inbetween them coming into the room to cook dinner. Had a full day of interference but just general hovering and not giving me the breathing room to concentrate.

He was is his own way trying to give me a hand but was hindering me and slowing me down by at least 55%.......dragging in boxes and opening them all over the kitchen floor before I was ready for them and bits getting strewn everywhere. At 11;00am they went out shopping and I thought "At last I can get some solid work done" but no, they had mistakenly locked the garage and taken the only key with them leaving me no access to the new kitchen in the garage for 2 precious hours.

I was hindered so much its like trying to work while someone has you in a full Nelson....I couldnt even move in there. These are really nice long standing customers though and I know they will be really offended it I asked them to leave me alone.

in future just tell them to pshhh of haha, just explain to them that they are slowing you down and your grateful for the help but you work quicker if it was just you... they should understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a woman hovering over me when I was doing a cylinder once - I found a rolled up sock behind the cylinder and shouted rat throwing the sock out near here - that was biggest mistake lol she screamed and when she realised it was only a sock gave me a right slap for scaring her - but she didn't hover again

Have a curry the night before and keep farting, that'll give you space. But watch out for the follow through.

Just make it obvious, make sure everywhere they are is where you want to be. If thee in the door, go and get a bit of your van. Every time you go upstairs and they follow, turn round and go back down. Works for me, they soon get the message without saying anything or offending them.

I normally just ask if they are going to be watching me all day because it tends to make me slower. They soon bugger off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Customers who hover over you all day trying to help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock