Discuss CORGI still RELEVANT? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HexagonalCore

Hi everyone...

Are CORGI approved gas engineers still relevant? I see on many sites 'CORGI APPROVED' and Corgi still has a large, ongoing site and business. So does CORGI approved mean anything anymore or is it defunct? If defunct, do ex-corgi approved engineers automatically qualify as Gas safe? Why does corgi STILL EXIST?

Many thanks in advance, Peter.

Corgi no longer relevant as a gas safety body but are now a separate company selling insurance , and gas services like any other firm and employ gas engineers to subcontract for them

Corgi could tender for the role again though !
As far as I understand it. It would always be called gas safe but run by whomever wins the tender when it raises its head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CORGI still RELEVANT? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
I'll pop this into the general advice forum as it seems the most active, but mods - feel free to move if there's somewhere more appropriate. Thank...
Replies
Views
Apparently my gas safe reg will get assigned to the ltd company (mine)? So I'm left with nothing myself if i ever sell or close down the company...
Replies
Views
Back