Discuss CORGI hard sell tactics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whyme

on Friday i was around a pensioners house and he showed me a letter from corgi. it said in a round about way his boiler was 7yrs old and should be up for renewal. he couldn't believe they knew how old his boiler was untill i explained about the registration process and they must have his info from when they controlled all that is gas. the offer was a new CORGI boiler at a slashed price. For christ sake it was a worc 28i junior that was in his house (not the best i know). I wonder how many other older people crap themselves and think if corgi's telling me that it must be true. Disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's funny I got a letter from corgi on Friday saying we know your boiler is fairly new so we can offer you discounted protection!!
Sneaky ******* !!

We get a lot from BG. Replaced a Vokera linear he week or s ago corgi insurance said too expensive to fix, They did Venturi and then aps and that was it for £25 PCM for SEVEN years .

We've had a similar thread about Vaillant I seem to recall.
There are so many things to be annoyed about when it comes to these letters.

I think the suggestion that your boiler - an expensive boiler, reputable brand might only be expected to last 7 or 8 years - this is shocking and not based on anything (as far as I know). We tell customers that a modern boiler should last on average 12 years.

And I think most Worcesters Baxis Vaillants etc would last longer than that and it is those certain brands that we never mention (but on on sale in places like B&Q) that only last 2-5 years that bring the "average" down to 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CORGI hard sell tactics in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our...
Replies
Views
Hello My mum has a Corgi Home Care cover plan for the plumbing in our home and today I have been told over the phone with the plumber trying to...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler...
Replies
Views
Had a job booked in this morning, renew all rads in the property. Downstairs rads are in solid floor so customer said just change rads and alter...
Replies
Views
Back