Search the forum,

Discuss Copper or plastic pushfit. Anyone trust one over the other? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Used to copper pushfit today. Leak needed to be stopped. Access terrible. Water wouldn't shut off fully so solder not poss, speedfit too bulky for space. No room to swing a spanner. Checked was metric, clean, smooth.

Just wondering how reliable....

I've had it on the van so long I can't remember. I think it was tectite. Looks like the pics on Screwflix. You trust them?

I've had it on the van so long I can't remember. I think it was tectite. Looks like the pics on Screwflix. You trust them?
So long as your pipes are clean and cut properly you should have no problems.....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Had a church where a small area had seperate heating system. No hot works and mapress gun access was a no. So used tectite. Never again. Its actually really good stuff just use it right. Keep them clean.

Had a church where a small area had seperate heating system. No hot works and mapress gun access was a no. So used tectite. Never again. Its actually really good stuff just use it right. Keep them clean.

no mapress access? how tight were they (touching)

I've never actually used copper push fit. I trust the plastic ones though as long as the pipe isn't all scratched up.

I trust push fit in plastic and copper. As long as it's pushed fully in and with inserts.

Nothing wrong with Tectite fittings ! apart from the price, used them a lot, keep some on the van always handy

Push fit fittings, whether made of plastic or brass or copper, all rely on an O ring and a gripper, is the way I look at it.
Brass and copper push fit fittings might look more professional and authentic fittings, but that's just mainly cosmetic really. A bit like putting a Ferrari body shell on a Lada. :grin:
I have managed to fit soldered fittings on almost every job I have come across and I will always try that, although I do keep a few push fit for the odd job they are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Copper or plastic pushfit. Anyone trust one over the other? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock