Search the forum,

Discuss Copper or brass olive for chrome pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all. I hope you are having a nice weekend. I’m adding a new rad to my bathroom and will be using chrome pipe. It’s my understanding that compression fittings can be used straight on the chrome without filing of chrome finish. What olive is best to use. Copper or brass?
Many thanks.

Hello all. I hope you are having a nice weekend. I’m adding a new rad to my bathroom and will be using chrome pipe. It’s my understanding that compression fittings can be used straight on the chrome without filing of chrome finish. What olive is best to use. Copper or brass?
Many thanks.
Brass on a chrome pipe as it,s hard.

copper for me unless its solid brass or very thick copper then i would use brass

Reply to Copper or brass olive for chrome pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
I'm changing a radiator and the problem I have is the flow and return pipes that fit into the valves need to be positioned away from the wall...
Replies
Views
Hello I am having a massive argument with some guys over whether this is the correct procedure for these fittings. I have always been told (by gas...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody! Just a quick question and hopefully you would be able to help. I have 2 radiator pipes, coming out from plasterboard wall, those...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock