Discuss Contracting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MGP

Recently started a new contract through British gas for the local council, 3 weeks in and today they announce they don't have the budget to fulfill the contract in its entirety, so the deal is to stop all full heating installs, and only do boiler swap outs and flue changes, the money is totally rubbish anyway and to make a living on this we have to now do 3 boiler changes (not straight swaps in most cases) and 4 flue changes in 1 day!
The reason for all the flue swaps is the council are putting up 60mm cladding on all the houses. How can a budget cripple 3 weeks into the financial year? I'd normally expect this kind of news oct/nov time

You cannot achieve what you want to do in a day. Not as one man

If the money is rubbish then don't do the work.
It's guys that are happy to work for nowt that is destroying the market for everyone else.

I don't think this is achievable for one guy to do safely in one day IMHO.

There's me and 2 others (ones an apprentice and I'm a plumber, not gas safe, my mate is) we've been used to doing 1 big heating system a day (usually finish 5.30 pm ish) but it just seems like these big company's are taking the pi55 now! I've even thought of jacking in and getting into pipe fitting, at least it's a regular job, I'll just take my own plumbing work on at weekends when I choose!

testicles to that. I'd give them the finger and get some other work pronto.

Recently started a new contract through British gas for the local council, 3 weeks in and today they announce they don't have the budget to fulfill the contract in its entirety, so the deal is to stop all full heating installs, and only do boiler swap outs and flue changes, the money is totally rubbish anyway and to make a living on this we have to now do 3 boiler changes (not straight swaps in most cases) and 4 flue changes in 1 day!
The reason for all the flue swaps is the council are putting up 60mm cladding on all the houses. How can a budget cripple 3 weeks into the financial year? I'd normally expect this kind of news oct/nov time

as there is only one gas in the team this will be impossible to achieve, your only option is to walk away and let the gas guy do one boiler and or 1 flue if thats possible, you cannot get involved in doing boilers, a nightmare TBH but there is only one option, and you know what it is

Just as a matter of intrest what were they paying for the above work ?? Full install - Boiler change - Flue, If rates that bad Id'e give it up to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Contracting? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Evening all. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice. We “inherited“ a Potterton Prima 60F boiler (which we were told in 2013 was 3/4 years old)...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi Could you give me some advice based on the following points below? System background (small cottage) it has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock