Discuss Contract Insurance Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Any of you guys currently do any insurance work on contract?

Been offered a few weeks carrying out insurance jobs on behalf of another company but not sure what to expect. Been told that it's all small jobs and engineers carry out 32 a week on average!

Seems a lot of jobs to squeeze into a 9 hour day, 5 days a week!

I have done some of this work but I am talking about 6 or 7 years ago
it was good then but I do not know what its like now

What sort of jobs were you expected to carry out?

I'm told that average wages work out at around £500 per week so not a bad wage.

over 6 a day means you cant realy do it properly youd be pushed to do 6 tap changes in a day or 6 ballvalves once you factor in travelling time collecting matierials etc i suppose as its insurance work theres no time spent haggling a price or getting the money
but its definately bodge it and scarper work

Yep, you'll be a house basher leaving a trail of destruction behind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Contract Insurance Work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone managed to get a job through a company where you work 4 days a week? Say 40 hours over 4 days
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m looking for work as a trainee/mate. I live in Lancashire and attended college in Leeds so don’t mind travelling anywhere in the north...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock