Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Condense melted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Afternoon all

went to do a LL cert today and tenant mentioned a smell of burning plastic before I started. Took cover off and could see that where the condense trap meets the hex pipework the trap has burnt and melted causing a leak. I have ID'd it but LL has asked me to go back to try n fix. Boiler is an Ideal Minimiser 40FF 16 years old, just wondered if anyone had experience of these and what may have caused it. The damage is obvious but not the cause. No obvious cracks or splits or heat damage to the hex or burner.

Any my thoughts appreciated.

Matt

Ive fitted many minimisers many moons ago but have not seen the issue that you describe before. its possible that it was completely and flue gases have melted it

Thanks quality. Did you miss a word out there after completely?

Cheers appreciate it. It looks like a flame has been directed straight at it almost with charred black edges and everything

Anything is possible as these were some of the first condensing boilers for domestic. At 16 years it aint done to bad

Nah that's what I thought, but tenant said she came back from a holiday just before Xmas and it had gushed water everywhere and destroyed the kitchen floor and work top so I wonder what they did to keep it chugging along there???

True true I'm gonna recommend new anyway as most parts are obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condense melted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock