Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Compact 35He solid red lockout. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrahamM

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Last job tonight.
2 year old compact he, fan running, aps proving, NTC/overheat stats OK, condi trap clear.
Switch on power, fan runs then goes to solid red, fan keeps running.
Is there anything else I may be missing before picking up a new board?

No spark at all. As soon as power put on, fan starts, aps proves and goes to red lockout within 2 seconds. Nothing else.
Did not check power to gas valve.

check for reversed polarity before ordering the pcb i take it the ignition block is built in to the pcb?

How does reverse polarity happen? Is it something that's always been wrong ie wired wrong and never caused a problem or some fault with the electrics that causes the switch?

How does reverse polarity happen? Is it something that's always been wrong ie wired wrong and never caused a problem or some fault with the electrics that causes the switch?
Normally by sparkies getting the polarity wrong when they renew the fuse box. I've seen it at least three times.

another good cause of RP is diyers messing with electrics adding extra points,spurs etc and reversing live and neutral or earth

Was the board!
Unbeknown to me the new board has changed and now requires the separate ignition board as well. The original board was one unit with the ignition module self contained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compact 35He solid red lockout. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello My trusty Vaillant 242 EH is having some issues. It has developed an issue when firing up the burner. The fault is seen with the hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi guys went to the above breakdown this morning fan light flashing and flame failure no blockages in flue system , G.c 47 393 13 The condense...
Replies
Views
er OK, so here is an update on this boiler to see if anyone else is the wiser. I actually got longer than 15 minutes in the property today. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, im new here but would appreciate some advice on a strange boiler fault I'm experiancing. With boiler in summer position H/W works fine, boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock