Discuss commercial gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

Any of you guys done commercial gas course?
Been contemplating doing it and curious as to how difficult the course is ? If it is at all difficult that is.

I get a guy in for my commercial jobs and the guy I use said the biggest difference is the cost

Done it a few years ago, not really difficult just different methodologies. I never did my testing & purging though which Ive heard mixed reports about.
Mines is up for renewal soon and I'm contemplating letting it lapse as I don't really use it.

Keep getting asked about pricing commercial works so contemplating it as not many smaller firms down my way have this ticket so could be a good cert to do here , saying that not sure if i can be bothered with another test especially if its a headache .

I found it quite simple but. What do you want to do with it?

I've only ever done commercial so I can't compare it to domestic but as Simon says, it's simple enough.

Are you sure you'd have enough commercial work to justify the cost?

As Croppie said can you justify the cost? Most commercial stuff is sew up with the big FM co's and as an independant, it is hard to break into it.
If you have some firm offers of work that can justify the cost ( probably around 2K+ depending on what you think you need) it might be worthwhile but probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock