Discuss Combi swap with twin flue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Heating

Gas Engineer
Just been to price what I thought was a straightforward combi swap. The boiler that is in now however is an Ideal Isar with a twin 60/60 flue. It's a 4th floor flat, the flue is in a ceiling void with adequate inspection hatches. Measured the overall flue length as just under 6m.

A logic has a max flue length of 7m. I could change it to a standard flue without any damage to property I think, the place is a swanky pad, however being 4 floors up I'm struggling to find a way to change the terminal with out a scaffold. Much difference between the Isar terminal and the Logic terminal? I also see Ketson boilers are the same boilers as ideal. Has any one any experience with Ketson?

Don't go keston

Worcester
Baxi have a twin flue
Navin you can go upto 100'

Can you get easy access to the flue?
Cherry picker or boom lift
Most boilers have twin flue options as far as I remember

Thanks for your replies guys. Can't say I've seen anew ravenheat for years haha. Had a look and Baxi allow a 10m standard flue so that's well enough for what I need. Going to fit a Duo-Tec and run a standard flue I think.

Thanks again

keston are alright, theyre basicly an ideal logic but twice the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi swap with twin flue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I was hoping to find a place where I could some advice to what’s hopefully a straightforward question and this looks to be it :) I...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I hope someone will be able to advise. I have recently purchased a flat with a faulty Potterton Netaheat Profile system boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old...
Replies
Views
Back