Search the forum,

Discuss Column radiator installation - stupid question re blanking plugs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tominghana

Hi

I'm halfway through replacing a rad with a new Acova Column radiator.

Howerver I've taken it out of the box and it only has two out of the four of the corners with holes and trheads for valves / air vent. Both are at one end of the rad. At what I assume is the bottom, and where I'm expecting to see another hole with plastic temporary blanking plug, I see a white thing - see the attached picture. Is this a different type or blanking plug? or is it a fault with the product?

I don't want to try to take it off in case I damage it, but I can't see any other way to connect 2 valves and a vent.

Am I being stupid?

Thanks!

Tom

20161107_194557.jpg

Screw it out. Its just to protect threads when painted.

EDIT

OK I bit the bullet and tried loosening it and it was another blanking plug. Durrr

I will leave this post up as I'm intrigued why this one wuold be completely different to the other two - is that because it must be the TRV end (as it's opposite to the vent end)

Thanks!

Tom

What you will find out is that those plugs were left in for the powder coating process.
The threads ay the other end would have been used to hang the radiator during the powder coating process, and plugged afterwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Column radiator installation - stupid question re blanking plugs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock