Discuss Cold towel rail any thoughts in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So here goes.

My bathroom towel rail is cold. All other rads in the house are hot and on both upstairs and downstairs. The feed pipe going into the towel rail is nice and hot but the rail itself is cold. It's has a teeny weeny bit of temp change for about an inch along the bottom rung but I suspect that is a bit residual from the pipe and valve. Anything I can do, or do I need to get some in to have a look? I hope that makes sense.

It's been bled and that OK.
[automerge]1580318578[/automerge]
These are the two valves

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_171737.jpg
    IMG_20200129_171737.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200129_171749.jpg
    IMG_20200129_171749.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
1. Is the rail on the central heating circuit or the hot water circuit. Not applicable if you have a combi boiler. Not terribly likely if flow pipe is hot.
2. Are you bleeding with the system off and preferably cold?
3. If it's a column type, they sometimes have bleed points for each side.
4. Could be a faulty valve on the side where the pipe gets hot but the radiator doesn't. If you can, remove the decorative cap from the valve and make sure it is open using a spanner or grips. If it is, do the same for the other side. In both cases do it by closing the valve completely counting the number of 1/8th turns. Then open the valves. When you have finished close them again and re-open to the recorded number of 1/8th turns. This preserves the balancing of the system.

Reply to Cold towel rail any thoughts in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back