Discuss Certificate for Carbon Monoxide alarm... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
A client of mine has asked me to install one for his letting property and asked if I could write him a certificate. I didn't know you needed a certificate for them? The estate say they will do him one for £120?

Neither did I. I know the new CP12 forms have a section for noting if there is an in date carbon monoxide detector and if it is working. So maybe just do him a CP12?

I think they are mistaken but as above a cp12.

Is carbon monoxide alarm present ?
Is it tested and working ?

2 questions on my software may cover it ???

Landlords must put in smoke alarms by law but not a carbon monoxide alarm.

Last edited:
Landlords must put in smoke alarms by law but not a carbon monoxide alarm.
I have been asked to install the smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm but how do I give a certificate for the smoke alarm? Just put it on a cp12? Or does he need to get someone else in for that.

Until the 1st of October and then you will legally require one

There is currently no requirement for smoke or CO alarms for Landlords. As of October 1st, landlords will be required to install a smoke alarm for every floor of the building and have some sort of record showing regular testing. As of 1st October landlords will only require a CO alarm rooms with a solid fuel burning appliance. If installed, this will also need some sort record showing regular testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Certificate for Carbon Monoxide alarm... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house...
Replies
Views
England is joining Scotland and requiring carbon monoxide alarms installed in rented properties from the 1st of October. How would you categoryies...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, Where is the place to order a Vaillant filling loop, please? I looked around on the net but can't seem to find it as a kit. I'm not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock