Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating pump leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamiesmuma

Hello

I live in a rented house.

We have just established after a very soaking carpet, that the central heating pump (or more so the litle tap that sticks out of it) is leaking. It is a back boiler, oldish, hot water tank upstairs. The leaking is coming from the little tap head under the pump. What could be causing this? seems to have occured once we started using the heating, didnt have this prolbem when we turn the hot water on.

Just wondering if this is costing us money, i.e using gas? obviously when the heating is not on I hope its not costing us gas, but when it is, is it sucking all our heating? OH was complaining the radiators weren't hot the other day when the heating was on.

thank you

Landlords problem to sort out ... Interesting that you don't seem in the least bit bothered about the carpet or the leak, just weather or not it'll be costing you!! I'll take it the carpet wasn't bought be yourself?

Water damage top of my list. Might just be the gland nut. Should be on the phone to the landlord asap.

No it wasnt. I haven't lived here long. I am concerned about the carpet I have had it all up to air dry, cleaned off the mould underneath, towel dried the concete underneath (thus used 3 towels that I will now have to bin) and I have also borrowed a carpet cleaner to clean it and suck out any moisture. I feel I am doing more then most tenants to be honest.

If it was using tons of gas for god knows how long, then yes I am going to be more concerned about that since I have done all I can for the carpet (it isn't damaged YET, just very wet but drying out now, few specks of mould that I have cleaned). I have had problem on top of problem here. The LL is going to sort it out but I dont know how long its been leaking for

Last edited by a moderator:
No it wasnt. I haven't lived here long. I am concerned about the carpet I have had it all up to air dry, cleaned off the mould underneath, towel dried the concete underneath (thus used 3 towels that I will now have to bin) and I have also borrowed a carpet cleaner to clean it and suck out any moisture. I feel I am doing more then most tenants to be honest.

If it was using tons of gas for god knows how long, then yes I am going to be more concerned about that. I have had problem on top of problem here. The LL is going to sort it out but I dont know how long its been leaking for

Long time if it's mouldy. Shouldn't have used any extra gas.

I currently have a bowl under it, it was collecting lots. Turned off heating and now it seems to have stopped, so its related to the central heating. Ill try limit the heating I have on, but its already very cold in here. LL is going to send out a plumber soon I think.

Wasn't much mold, specks of it on the underside of the carpet. We haven't been having the heating on for ages (on and off for about a month or so). LL is quite good, so I think ill get a plumber soon, just didn't know if it was going to be a massive job or not? from looking at it, it just looks like the tap thingy needs tightening?

Thanks

I currently have a bowl under it, it was collecting lots. Turned off heating and now it seems to have stopped, so its related to the central heating. Ill try limit the heating I have on, but its already very cold in here. LL is going to send out a plumber soon I think.

Wasn't much mold, specks of it on the underside of the carpet. We haven't been having the heating on for ages (on and off for about a month or so). LL is quite good, so I think ill get a plumber soon, just didn't know if it was going to be a massive job or not? from looking at it, it just looks like the tap thingy needs tightening?

Thanks

What you describe could be a drain point fitted under the pump. If it is it can be possible to tighten up! CAUTION - they can sometimes get worse rather than better when you tighten them :)

Ohh I wont touch then, I will probably make it worse. Yeah its the tap thing under it thats leaking, you no the things that stick out the end of radiators? sorry I am the wrong gender to know what I'm talking about!

Ill leave it to the professionals

Thank you

put a picture up so we can be totally sure what is leaking although it does sound like a drain off as already said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating pump leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock