Search the forum,

Discuss Can you buy a bleeding screw for grundfos boiler pump? Help!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gem79

Hey,
To cut a long story short I decided as a single mother that I would google and work out how to get air build up out of my heating system rather than spend a fortune on a plumber this side of Christmas!
BIG MISTAKE!!! I live in Ireland so I have a kerosene boiler situated outside. I read that it was beneficial to drain air from the grundfos circulation pump by opening the bleeding screw. Unbeknown to me there was a huge air lock and pressure which resulted in the screw flying off and it fell underneath boiler which I can not access. Could anyone please advise as to whether these screws can be purchased as at the moment I have sealed it off with a screw/bolt but water is still trickling out!
I apologise in advance for the long message but I think that just about covers it! PLEASE HELLLLLPPPP this bleeding screw (excuse the pun) is driving me silly.

sorry to say you cant just buy the pump but one of our members might have a spare / broken pump that you could use the screw out of (maybe)

I thought that would be the case! Oh well thanks a million for getting back to me so soon!

Gem , not at home at the moment , I will have a look later, pretty sure I will have one , unless sombody can help you in the meantime

Just wanna say a huge thanks to you guys! Thanks Tony, I'll message you now

Good one lads

O and gem bet you will find the one you lost when installing the new one :D

Just wanna say a huge thanks to you guys! Thanks Tony, I'll message you now

Best to send her a couple in case she drops one under the boiler:oops:

Makes me think must put one in a little box of odd bits I may need.

Thanks guys :)
Ah now Stoney Ground....Iv learnt my lesson! Note to self....don't try messing with the things you haven't a clue about! I'm just waiting for the sexist comments about women never doing a mans job properly :)
If I find the other one Shaun I'll cry after stressing about finding one.
You are a gr8 bunch of guys and thanks again for all your help! Huge thanks to Tony

Thanks guys :)
Ah now Stoney Ground....Iv learnt my lesson! Note to self....don't try messing with the things you haven't a clue about! I'm just waiting for the sexist comments about women never doing a mans job properly :)
If I find the other one Shaun I'll cry after stressing about finding one.
You are a gr8 bunch of guys and thanks again for all your help! Huge thanks to Tony
We dont do sexist comments on here,its against our rules,but you will probably find the one you lost when the new one arrives,always happens to me,sods law

Why not trying to use a telescope with a magnet or is that not possible either ?

The vent screw is stainless steel, Ronni. It'll never stick.

There's a few of us up here in Ulster if you get stuck again, Gem.

Now now easy boy, just because she's a lady back to your stool :D

I've got a second hand grundfos alpha pump in my garage that's missing the plug. With it being this close to Christmas I'm not sure I can afford to buy one. Could somebody help me and send one in the post. I'll be very grateful. Pppllllllleaaaaaasse help me. I won't be able to refit it otherwise

Thanks for all of your help and advice guys! There is no way that I'll get the screw as it has fell underneath the pipework that comes up from the ground! It fell into the small gap that surrounds the pipe work in the boiler.
I have tried everything at this stage but no joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you buy a bleeding screw for grundfos boiler pump? Help!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock