Search the forum,

Discuss can these ball valves be fitted to any type of system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Bottom Entry Toilet Cistern Ball Valve | Float Valves | NoLinkingToThis

I assumes yes but just checking. Customers current valve has been leaking, went round tonight short notice and said i'd have a look. Didn't have any parts with me just tools so disconnected it and put it all back together with new fibre washer on tap con but still no joy. The rubber washer that sits inside the cistern was looking very worn.

Isolated and said use a bucket for the night and I will replace tomorrow.

Hi Ash only thing to be aware of is the height ...can you not just change the diaphragm washer....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Bottom Entry Toilet Cistern Ball Valve | Float Valves | NoLinkingToThis

I assumes yes but just checking. Customers current valve has been leaking, went round tonight short notice and said i'd have a look. Didn't have any parts with me just tools so disconnected it and put it all back together with new fibre washer on tap con but still no joy. The rubber washer that sits inside the cistern was looking very worn.

Isolated and said use a bucket for the night and I will replace tomorrow.

Bottom entry, where's Croppie?

It's leaking from the base of the cistern where the rubber cone washer sits inside, had a look and the rubber washer has started to perish. For the sake of changing that I will change the whole thing. It looks like it's on it's last legs anyway.

Don't think I will fit a fluid master in.

If you cannot get a pro45b in cistern go for a Dudley hydroflo brass shank these work very well also

If you cannot get a pro45b in cistern go for a Dudley hydroflo brass shank these work very well also

Thanks, anyone open on a Sunday that you know of that sell them?

Brass shank is always a good sell.

You're options are screwfix, tool station or temperate heating. (Grey building top of Chatham hill)

That valve from Screwfix in OP is a very standard Chem valve.
It will do the job on mains or gravity supplies providing you swap the nozzle inside it for the low pressure nozzle supplied if gravity fed. But, as said sometimes height can be an issue.
If the toilet is mains fed you are better with a Fluidmaster Pro (or similar) with brass shank. It has the red top on it & is supplied with a rubber flow restrictor for high pressure applications. Much better & quieter than ordinary valves.
Beware that the Screwfix version with a brass shank that comes in a plastic bag, is not the same exact model & it doesn't come with restrictor & will be noisier! Naturally most people want no noise.
You really need to stock a cheap valve & a Fluidmaster type so that you can do most jobs where you need to replace. I like the fact that a lot of valves like Fluidmaster & Wirquin are fully height adjustable.

Last edited:
That valve from Screwfix in OP is a very standard Chem valve.
It will do the job on mains or gravity supplies providing you swap the nozzle inside it for the low pressure nozzle supplied if gravity fed. But, as said sometimes height can be an issue.
If the toilet is mains fed you are better with a Fluidmaster Pro (or similar) with brass shank. It has the red top on it & is supplied with a rubber flow restrictor for high pressure applications. Much better & quieter than ordinary valves.
Beware that the Screwfix version with a brass shank that comes in a plastic bag, is not the same exact model & it doesn't come with restrictor & will be noisier! Naturally most people want no noise.
You really need to stock a cheap valve & a Fluidmaster type so that you can do most jobs where you need to replace. I like the fact that a lot of valves like Fluidmaster & Wirquin are fully height adjustable.

Went over in the gf's car with tool bag as van wasn't starting so didn't take anything, was a favour if anything so didn't take any parts. All sorted today.

Cheers guys.

If a Fluidmaster fits but the float catches on the side of the cistern you can put a small screw in the black cap at the very top and use it to lever it away by a few mil. Done it 20+ times, no call backs. Although obviously warrant void. Also if the bottom of the rod that adjusts the height is in the way (touching top of syphon etc) you can trim that too, makes no difference. If you do both of those and it still won't fit, sometimes rather than muck about trying valves which are selected just to fit rather than because they are decent/quick filling/quiet I will suggest changing to flush to a fluidmaster at the same time. I tell them "changing it in the future is as easy as changing a light bulb. Not that you'll need to for a while as they last ages." Usually does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can these ball valves be fitted to any type of system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock