Discuss can these ball valves be fitted to any type of system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That valve from Screwfix in OP is a very standard Chem valve.
It will do the job on mains or gravity supplies providing you swap the nozzle inside it for the low pressure nozzle supplied if gravity fed. But, as said sometimes height can be an issue.
If the toilet is mains fed you are better with a Fluidmaster Pro (or similar) with brass shank. It has the red top on it & is supplied with a rubber flow restrictor for high pressure applications. Much better & quieter than ordinary valves.
Beware that the Screwfix version with a brass shank that comes in a plastic bag, is not the same exact model & it doesn't come with restrictor & will be noisier! Naturally most people want no noise.
You really need to stock a cheap valve & a Fluidmaster type so that you can do most jobs where you need to replace. I like the fact that a lot of valves like Fluidmaster & Wirquin are fully height adjustable.

Last edited:
That valve from Screwfix in OP is a very standard Chem valve.
It will do the job on mains or gravity supplies providing you swap the nozzle inside it for the low pressure nozzle supplied if gravity fed. But, as said sometimes height can be an issue.
If the toilet is mains fed you are better with a Fluidmaster Pro (or similar) with brass shank. It has the red top on it & is supplied with a rubber flow restrictor for high pressure applications. Much better & quieter than ordinary valves.
Beware that the Screwfix version with a brass shank that comes in a plastic bag, is not the same exact model & it doesn't come with restrictor & will be noisier! Naturally most people want no noise.
You really need to stock a cheap valve & a Fluidmaster type so that you can do most jobs where you need to replace. I like the fact that a lot of valves like Fluidmaster & Wirquin are fully height adjustable.

Went over in the gf's car with tool bag as van wasn't starting so didn't take anything, was a favour if anything so didn't take any parts. All sorted today.

Cheers guys.

If a Fluidmaster fits but the float catches on the side of the cistern you can put a small screw in the black cap at the very top and use it to lever it away by a few mil. Done it 20+ times, no call backs. Although obviously warrant void. Also if the bottom of the rod that adjusts the height is in the way (touching top of syphon etc) you can trim that too, makes no difference. If you do both of those and it still won't fit, sometimes rather than muck about trying valves which are selected just to fit rather than because they are decent/quick filling/quiet I will suggest changing to flush to a fluidmaster at the same time. I tell them "changing it in the future is as easy as changing a light bulb. Not that you'll need to for a while as they last ages." Usually does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can these ball valves be fitted to any type of system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock