Search the forum,

Discuss Can I soil pipe run horizontally? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

This is a follow-up to my earlier post Fitting a cistern (with frame) into a stud wall (100mm) (follow-up) and also to this post Can i connect waste pipes into soil pipe tee on a horizontal run? I (by @Illuminate).

We've now had the toilet fitted, as described in the earlier post, with the soil pipe running in the floor, with appropriate slope. So that's all great.

However, when I looked at the outside part, the pipe has been fitted horizontally (on a short run), see picture. I would have expected for this to run at an angle, with a Y-shaped fitting rather than a T-shaped fitting Should we complain to the installer? Or is this ok to accept?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 17
Aslong as the 1/4 bubble on the level is running eg left side is higher than the right looking at picture your ok

15mm min 25mm ideal so 30mm ish

If level / no fall on bubble then it will block time to get the back out

Reply to Can I soil pipe run horizontally? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock