Search the forum,

Discuss Business Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Having paid £300 ish per year for PL and EL insurance, I am rather surprised that to be insured for plumbing and heating work instead of plumbing seems to be increasing my Insurance quotes by 5x ...

Any gas fitters know of any competitive companies? £1,500 per year is bloody silly tbh, especially as we have not claimed once in eight years of trading.

use a broker to get the best deal, try courtprice and avoid simply business

I pay around £350 with direct line for £2mil cover including gas and hot work.

I pay about 400 for 2 million liability, 50k indemnity, 2k tool cover & sickness cover which gives 300 a week if I'm off work...

1.3k for about 10 and 15 mil

includes hot works,
welding on site,
oxy cutting etc

Can't get lower than £1,300 anywhere for 4 of us tbh. It includes insurance for gas work and I think they all think 4 of us are doing it full time. In reality it's such a small amount of our overall work, maybe 3% of turnover.

Understanding the risks if I cause damage whilst doing heating work, do I NEED PL insurance to do gas work legally? At an additional cost of £1,000 per year I am very happy to take the risk myself.

Check the small print for Gas Safe rules, I think it says somewhere about PLI, or at least it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
I have a leak in my leasehold flat in a small council 4 storey block of flats – 8 flats in total. In the corner of the bathroom is a cupboard where the soil pipe runs through each of the 4 floors on my side of the building. Within this cupboard there is a T junction taking the bath and kitchen...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Last year, whilst working for a plumbing firm, we managed our team and office with a web and mobile app. Rather than use anything off the shelf, I built my own system using with an app building software. Think Wix/Wordpress but for apps and a lot more complicated. This worked out a lot...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock