Discuss Built in Cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rodders

Can a built in cooker (in kitchen unit about 400mm off the floor) be connected by a normal cooker hose?

Can a gas isolator vavle (compression) be fitted below the kitchen plinth?

It should be in the manufacturers instructions, but yes for a proper built in cooker you use a cooker flex. The bayonet goes behind the cooker not anywhere else.

I would say yes, as it would make it awkward to fit. But check the mi's if they say hard piped, then hard piped it must be.
As for compression, as long as you do not need a tool to remove plinth, then do not see a problem with it

Done a few of these for a kitchen fitter, haven't come across one that doesn't need a hose.

sorry i was thinking of the cooker being in a middle unit with units either side

Pull the cooker out till you can reach the bayonet. Not easy but do able.

ensure the hose hangs free, has no twists/strain/stress on it and avoids touching anything that gets too hot. Following MI should ensure this but use your engineers eye :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Built in Cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m having a gas cooker pipe capped off. The GS registered plumber/ fitter, has told me that to do this, he’ll also have to service the combi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello I’d like to replace gas cooker. Curry’s do install but I know they will refuse to install if regs are not met. So I want to understand...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently moved in to a house and in one of the kitchen units where I want to put a intergrated freezer there is a small pipe coming...
Replies
Views
A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock