Discuss Bubbling fish-tanks, air fresheners that randomnly go 'pffff!' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
And other such noises that give you the jitters when filling up a system / turning water back. Well there's a new meance. Or at least it's new to me. Saw my second example of it this morning.

I have no idea what it's called but can only describe it as a small, plastic, mains-powered, two-tiered, indoor, pond-feature for cats to drink from. It sits there bubbling it's water and is surely a designed with the sole intention of seeing how many consecutive heart-attacks a plumber can have in one visit.

Simply: WHY?

I know exactly what you mean. I have to have total silence when I fill up. I make the customer mute the tv, send the dog outside, shut the kids up. But someone always goes for pee or starts pouring a glass of squash half way through. I think we're all a little bit paranoid at that point if we're honest.

No one wants to hear running liquid of any type when filling a system or turning the water on to new pipe work in general.

That reminds me of an incident a few years back. I was working with a mate in a house over in Peacehaven. The custard was out when we refilled the heating system. I could hear a regular tick, tick and said that there was something leaking. My mate said that it was a clock ticking. I was convinced that it was a leak so I set out to look for this clock. There weren't any clocks that ticked in the house and we found a joint that hadn't run properly adjacent to the cylinder.

A "Tefal Quick Cup" kettle once had me running down the stairs... I thought the Ri boiler was about to explode! Horrible noisy kettles!!!

Haha, I also have to have complete silence. I also run round the house like a mad man if I hear even the slightest noise. I much prefer filling up a system and pipework with another guy on site, makes it soo much easier.

I did some work on a CWSC once and as I was completing paperwork the washing machine switched on and called for water. I heard the water and promptly ran upstairs to make sure my work was sound before I realised what it was!

The one that always gives me the heebee geebees is the noise from a coffee maker. You know the one that Cappucinos and the like are made in and sounds like rapid air and water escaping.

Had a recurring leak at a cistern and after several strip downs of the tap adapter and flush valve seal, found the culprit was my eight year old having a laugh at my expense with his water gun. Every time I turned my back to reach for a tool, the wee horror squirted more water on the fitting!

Those stupid battery air-fresheners do my head in. Working away minding my own then suddenly PSSHHSHSHH! my heart skips i have a right panic on then i realise whats happened and it takes 10 mins to calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bubbling fish-tanks, air fresheners that randomnly go 'pffff!' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock