Search the forum,

Discuss Breakdown Insurance Rip off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So a mate of mine took out insurance for plumbing & heating cover.

Called out a plumber, diagnosed and fitted a new immersion stat to an unvented cylinder, and advised she needed a new pressure vessel.

Total bill (inc pressure vessel) £600

I told her I was sorry but she just got royally effed up the rear!!!

Is this London though? Its crazy prices isn't it?

£1.90 a pint up here! :smoking:

?

she didnt pay so doesnt matter ????????

as it was under the insurance ?

?

she didnt pay so doesnt matter ????????

as it was under the insurance ?
She has to pay anything past £500 - still a joke though. I told her how much I'd have charged her, she nearly cried lol

She has to pay anything past £500 - still a joke though. I told her how much I'd have charged her, she nearly cried lol

Well that's not insurance lol bin it and put 10 a month away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Breakdown Insurance Rip off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200 diverter to utilise all the spare capacity from the 3,84 Kw Pv system on the roof. This has only just become an option as the old existing tank did not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock