Discuss Bosche Worcester and Thermostatic shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

disillusioned

We decided to have the boiler serviced as we were renting the house out. We called a plumber and he came and serviced it and states he flushed the system and put inhibitor in it. A couple of months later we had let the house and needed a Gas Safety certificate and so called him back to do this. I said to him that I had had to top it up more than I had been used to and did he have any idea why this was. He pointed out that there was moisture around a pipe that runs from the bottom of the boiler and that this meant that the expansion vessel was faulty and due to the complexity and expense of replacing the internal expansion vessel he would fit an external unit for which he quoted aprox £200 and this he fitted in April. My tenants were very soon after complaining that the thermostatic shower was working intermittently (going from hot to cold at the merest suggestion of moving the control lever). I called him out to have a look at it and to diagnose the fault with a view to fixing it. He diagnosed and replaced the internal cartridge in the shower and then left. My tenants were soon back in contact saying that it was no better. I called him back out and this time he diagnosed that it was the heat exchanger in the boiler. I instructed him to carry out the work and this he did and I paid his invoice of £552.00 thinking that that was it and all was sorted. After fitting the exchanger he had, yet again, had to go and look at the shower .However it was not fixed as my tenants were soon back on the phone to me. Mike my tenant then called me to say that the plumber had called him to say that he would call round on a certain day and that he had not turned up and had used the fact that he was waiting to see if his wife had to go into hospital or not. I called the plumber whilst on my holiday and by this time was getting extremely fed up and asked if he was going to refund me as he had been to the property on numerous occasions and we were no nearer reaching a resolution. He got quite stroppy (understandably if he was telling the truth) but his communication to us throughout was minimal. I once asked him how much the bill would come to and he flippantly said “Don’t know, haven’t decided yet.” He once more went to the property and looked at the shower but it is still not fixed. I decided to seize dealings with him as the relationship has broken down. We have now had the company out who make the shower and they have fitted a new cartridge and they say that they think it is the boiler that is at fault as it still does not work. We are at the end of our tether as we have now spent over £650 and still have a shower that does not work properly. Any ideas of what the problem could be.

are all the hot taps working correctly? getting hot and staying hot?

looks like you have had alot of parts fitted? did you see old parts, could be the thermostat in the shower is faulty? did the shower used to work fine or has it always had this fault? piped up backwards?

i cant imagine the boiler being at fault if the hot taps are working fine!

Yes, we have now had 2 thermostats fitted into the shower. We did not see the old parts unfortunately. As we are new landlords (not for long at this rate) we have been unable to be at the property when he called. Funny thing is though is that when we first called him to service the boiler he seemed to feel it necessary to leave the empty bottle of flush and the inhibitor bottle but has since not left any parts behind. Don't get me wrong, I would not mind at all spending the money of our tenants had a working shower. He claims not to be one of these walk off and leave a job types but his attitude stinks. I even heard him mutter as he put the phone down one time that "some people are too bloody fussy."
Have asked the tenants to run the tap for about 20 mins to see if there is any fluctuation at all. We moved to Dorset and simply let the old house in case we ever decided to move back, we're not landlords with 20 houses making thousands, so it is quite crippling paying out in this fashion. Thanks for taking the time.

If you let us know where youre based maybe one of us can come out and have a look if your still having problems?

House is in Hemel Hempstead. Wife could see how stressed I was getting over it and so called her cousin who is in the building trade to get a plumbers number. She spoke to the plumber and after he heard the story he said that whilst Bosch boilers are good they can also be classed as complicated. He suggested she get in contact with Bosch. She has now done that and also set up a service plan so fingers crossed. I will post the result on here in case it helps someone in the future. Do appreciate the feedback though. Thanks. Sorry if you feel I am a time waster.

def not a time waster so dont feel bad, Worcesters are sound boilers and I hope it all works out for the best. Cheers

I look forward to hearing what the final solution is... =]

• [FONT=&quot]Cotswold Way, Warndon. Worcester WR4 9SW. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Tel: 0844 892 3000. Email: [email protected] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Notification [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]307041418 Job Date [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]12.09.2011 Engineer [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]O7PF [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mr & Mrs Boothby [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]57 Elstree Road [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hemel Hempstead [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]HP2 7PH [/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]BBT Ret: 39373356 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mr & Mrs Boothby [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]57 Elstree Road [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hemel Hempstead [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]HP2 7PH [/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ [/FONT][FONT=&quot]BBT Ret: 39373356 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Product Code 7-716-130-103 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Product Description 28CD1-FSN-GB NAT GAS COMBI [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Plant 5570 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]_CalllJobtype. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Report/Ac4lon [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]REPORTED FAULT NO H/W, TRACED FAULT TO DIVERTER VALVE REPLACED, FOUND SPRING CLIP ON [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]LEAKING PRV RUSTED INTO [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]RETURN MANIFOLD REPLACED BOTH MANIFOLD AND PRy, REPLACED LEAKING AAV, REPLACED MISSING [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FLOW REGULATOR AND [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]REFILL EXPANSION VESSEL, BOILER OPERATING CORRECTLY. FLUE NEEDS TO BE AT 2.8M HIGH IF ON [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]WALK WAY THIS NEEDS [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]TO BE RESITED. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]8-716-156-746-0 Diverter valve v37 u [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8-716-141-020-0 Return connector [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8-716-142-404-0 Pressure relief valv [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8-716-141-057-0 Flow limiter insert [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8-716-140-500-0 Air-vent automatic 3 _L-ABO-UR LABOUR CHARGE [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BOSCH THERMOTECHNOLOGY Ltd. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]* [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CTO2-BDWN [/FONT][FONT=&quot]— — [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Serial No. 1306302 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Version Code ASX [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]____- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Inst. Date [/FONT][FONT=&quot]—- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]01.01.2004 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.00 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1.00 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2.00 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DG [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Measriinents(Gas) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fuel Type [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NG [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gross Efficiency [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Meter Size [/FONT][FONT=&quot]- [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Flue Gas Temp ‘C [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cold Water Temp ‘C [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]17.1 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Spillage [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CO2 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DHW Temp ‘C [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]58.5 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Flue Flow [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CO [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Flow Rate (Litres) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]10.0 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Soundness Test [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CO/CO2 Ratio [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Burner Pressure [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mb [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Meter Pressure [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mb [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Inlet Pressure [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mb [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Minimum [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.9 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Burner Off [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Burner On (max.) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]18.4 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CH Maximum [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]13.0 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Burner On (max.) [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Gas Rate m3hr [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DHW Maximum [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]13.0 [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Part No Descvi [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ion [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unit Pnce Total [/FONT]

Hello there. Please see above the report from Bosch. I do not pretend to know what the 3 letter acronyms stand for but it would seem that he was supposed to move something across from the old heat exchanger to the new one but failed to. There was also a spring clip missing from one of the items but I can't work out from what? Also, I was wondering whether he should have informed me as to flue needing to be higher as it vents about head height onto the doorstep. The Bosch guy seemed to say that the external expansion vessel was not needed as all he had had to do was re pressurise from the top of the boiler. We are contemplating contacting him to at least obtain a partial refund. I understand that sometimes faults are difficult to diagnose but it would seem this guy has actually been negligent and has just decided to throw my money at the problem. Should I try to get money back? Cheers. Steve.

if there is a problem with the flue is it venting onto public footpath? you can get a flue displacement kit to move the POC ( products of combustion) higher! and how is ur flow regualtor missing? did you call worcester out for a fixed fee?? and if the pressure was shooting up and blowing off then i would of checked and re-presurised the exspansion vessel.

sounds like the guy didnt have much fauly finding exsperience but trying to get money out of him may be hard! give him a call tell him what you found!

glad the boiler is fixed you shouldnt have much problems with the boiler now worcesters are normally reliable pieces of kit :)

Not venting to a public footpath, just my own doorstep, or my tenants, should I say. We paid £285.00 for a years cover with Bosch. It was £99.00 dearer than usual as we already had a problem. I don't expect to get anything out of him but time is on my side and I will review him on a site at some stage that will let people know that he just throws money at problems and doesn't particularly do the job properly. I was hoping to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with the guy but it had to be mutual. Anyway it's all done now and I can sleep. Thanks for your advice. Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosche Worcester and Thermostatic shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock