Discuss Boiler upgrade options in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok thanks, so sounds like best of both worlds in terms of operation but perhaps more complex and costly as would need new combi boiler and sealed cylinder. Although I don't like electric showers, wonder if having one electric isn't bad idea though in case boiler goes down.
They’re a good idea as a backup. I work in social housing and the vast majority of our properties have an electric shower, I think this may have been the reasoning behind it.
Hot water from the vented cylinder is main issue or lack of it, doesn't get hot enough. Also have large cold water tank in attic feeding cylinder and want rid of it, this is in addition to vented expansion tank in attic.
What’s the cylinder thermostat set to? Has it been checked it’s working correctly? Is it connected to the cylinder correctly? Ha so the motorised valve(s) been checked?

They’re a good idea as a backup. I work in social housing and the vast majority of our properties have an electric shower, I think this may have been the reasoning behind it.

What’s the cylinder thermostat set to? Has it been checked it’s working correctly? Is it connected to the cylinder correctly? Ha so the motorised valve(s) been checked?
It doesn't have a thermostat and the cylinder heats if the heating is on there is no separation so it's a bit of a mess. And apparently it has 10mm input pipe and been told it's just not been done correctly so it either goes completely in case of combi or swap for new sealed. Another caveat is that we're having a rewire soon so floors will be up making possibility to change all pipes which paves the way for heat pump in future but generally at least 15mm is probably better than 8mm! Which is what we have now

Reply to Boiler upgrade options in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock