Discuss Boiler thoughts please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yea unless you have a leak

Should be instant if you have pre heat off

The Green lights will come on to tell you if the boiler is in heating mode or hot water mode the orange flame symbol tells you that the boiler has fired up , there is normally up to a 3 minute delay on switching between heating and hot water modes dependant on the boiler temperature, no pre heat on this particular model so you can disregard that to me it's working ok may need a bit of tlc but definitely not terminal . Kop

Pretty much bomb proof bud unless it's been abused get it serviced properly a full strip down heat exchanger and spark electrode and rectifacation probe changed expandion vessel checked and repressuried and you should be good to go , flue joint needs sorting really . Cheers kop

Finally hoping to now get round to getting the above done (or at least have it serviced and see what is suggested.)

If it is agreed that it needs a good overhaul which a bunch of bits done like detailed above can someone give me a very rough idea of cost? Are we talking £200? £500? £1000? Or is it impossible to say. South East.

Reply to Boiler thoughts please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or...
Replies
Views
Hi I'd be very grateful for any advice. My Ariston microGenus boiler is at least 20 years old. Every few years I've had to repressurize it. I've...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock