Discuss boiler Pilot light keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldieone

I've just had my hot water tank which is driven by an old Ideal RE80N boiler in a Y system replaced by a plumber. I now have a problem that when I run the boiler after about 3 mins running with the rads getting hot the boiler closes down and even the pilot light goes out because the button you hold down to start it clicks up.

Any ideas?

Oldieone

£450 to change a 3 port did I read that right?

Yes because he says he uses the best 4073 and cheap ones are rubbish. £250 is the removal and fitting cost the other £200 parts.

Go with Croppies suggestion, I would be ashamed charging someone £250 for a couple of hours max work.
And a Honeywell V4073 valve is expensive but not that expensive.

We're not that kind of forum.

We're the nice, shiny teethed ones who love most of our custards.

Some of us don't even dribble!

Croppie will attend in his chopper in any location in the Northern Hemisphere within one hour to sort out your problem at these prices - or we will get the lear jet out .......centralheatking
He's mugging you off old son.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dribble - esp when I am half asleep dreaming about 3/4 inch male iron to female fittings screw threads
..centralheatking QUOTE=croppie;524212]We're not that kind of forum.

We're the nice, shiny teethed ones who love most of our custards.

Some of us don't even dribble![/QUOTE]

sounds like a circulaton issue with the boiler, especially if the 3 way valve dont work proper. I would take the advise given by others and get somebody else in.

I don't normally comment on prices charged as not having been face to face with a job it can be very difficult to judge, BUT £450 to change a 3 port valve. Holey moley.

Did he wear a mask, was called Dick and arrived on Black Bess?

This must be one of those Millionaire plumbers we here about £450 to replace a 3 port valve, Please note the valve is only a gold colour not made of gold !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler Pilot light keeps going out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back