Discuss Boiler incomplete job but asking for another payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
the water pressure on the hot water pipework is probably higher now than when it was a cylinder so this was possibly cause of water leak also will probably be the problem with your shower as it was more than likely a low pressure model connected to the water tank and the hot water cylinder. he probably should have checked that but we all make mistakes, it is possible that the shower is irreparable if it is quite old as the upgrade to high pressure may not be available. so i think that a new shower will be possibly needed.

send him an email stating that you request him to attend your property to discuss the situation and plan on what needs doing, withe the intention of completing on the day of visit.
also, state on the email that if you have not received communication from him in say; 4 days you will contact gas safe as you feel the connected gas appliance has not been fully commissioned. (that will make him respond).

when he turns up go through the jobs required and use the quote for reference.
if he still insists there is a charge (perhaps issues not covered in quote) step back and think for the price it may solve all or negotiate or turn him down and tell him you will still contact gas safe 'just incase'

see what happens then!

£4k a lot for that job, do you live in Kensington?

send him an email stating that you request him to attend your property to discuss the situation and plan on what needs doing, withe the intention of completing on the day of visit.
also, state on the email that if you have not received communication from him in say; 4 days you will contact gas safe as you feel the connected gas appliance has not been fully commissioned. (that will make him respond).

when he turns up go through the jobs required and use the quote for reference.
if he still insists there is a charge (perhaps issues not covered in quote) step back and think for the price it may solve all or negotiate or turn him down and tell him you will still contact gas safe 'just incase'

see what happens then!

£4k a lot for that job, do you live in Kensington?

ps. i always charge extra for pipe work or connected 'fittings' leaks, it is not part of the job quoted.

I reckon he doesn't want to return

10th August?

I'd say you have a battle

There must be a reason he isn't returning

Must be something

I reckon he doesn't want to return

10th August?

I'd say you have a battle

There must be a reason he isn't returning

Must be something

come running back when gas safe informed of an un commissioned appliance connected to gas supply though ;)

ps. i always charge extra for pipe work or connected 'fittings' leaks, it is not part of the job quoted.

Totally agree with this point. I always mention any potential leaks etc as we can't be held responsible for existing pipework.

Thank you all so much for this advice.
Thank you it’s all very helpful.
I have spoken with Gas Safe and my boiler has not been registered with them and they said I can raise a complaint but I will let the installer know of this and see how he would like to respond.
GasMk – thank you for information ref my shower – this too is helpful – i will get a new shower but in the meantime I need to deal with the leak – luckily it’s dripping into the bath.
I actually don’t use this shower anyway, we have a mixer on our bath tap and this is quite good so we aren’t using this other shower but still it’s leaking all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler incomplete job but asking for another payment in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock